Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 13: Witnessing

At the end of December, on the 28th (on our 11 year anniversary!) I had the opportunity to watch one of my best friends get married. It was this beautiful teeny tiny wedding ceremony in her living room with only her family and me.  Of course, there were other friends that deserved/wanted to be there as much as I did, but I got snuck in on a technicality - I was their photographer.
 It was one of those amazing days that was much less about the hoopla of the ceremony and much more about how happy they were to have found one another.  One of those days that you can tell is marking a beginning of forever.

Today I am thankful for having the opportunity to watch them get married.

To witness the beginning of a beautiful union.  To be a part of it.  To feel the happiness and relief in the room at finding and keeping the one you love.  To having a beautiful couple as my friends.

The Year of Gratitude

2 comments:

Patty Brown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Aw, miss Heidi! Congrats to her!

Nancy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful photos of a beautiful couple!