Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 28: Routine

I like to mix things up a bit when the time seems appropriate.  I like surprises and the occasional change of plans.  I even appreciate a snow day now and then.

But I also like routine.

This polar vortex of 2014 is really starting to cramp my style.  It was exciting at first, and I have to admit that I still get a tiny bit excited when my phone rings with cancellations - I guess it's just engrained in me. 

But I'm ready to go back.

I'm ready to get into my car tomorrow to take my boys to their Nana and Kindergarten.  I'm ready to drive off to work and clock in.  I'm ready to sit down in my closet of an office and get some stuff done.

Today I am thankful for the gift of a routine.

It isn't for everyone, but it suits me just fine.  

0 comments: