Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 16: Patience

Today I walked all of the way to the pharmacy for a couple of different prescriptions...nothing major, but all things that would make a person feel better. When I got there I realized I had forgotten my license, which I needed to make the purchase.  So I walked home, and then back again, only to find out that there was a mix-up with insurance, and since it was 4:56pm, it was unlikely to be fixed and I would return home (a second time) empty handed. 

My tolerance level for such things would have been non-existant three years ago.  Three years ago I would have huffed and puffed all of the way home and Dustin for sure would have heard an earful about how inconvenienced I was.

One thing having kids, and living abroad, and working for a non-profit in another country with a different mentality has taught me is patience.

Patience for the unexpected.
Patience for mistakes.
Patience for minor inconveniences.
Patience for the things I have no control over.

Today I am thankful for the patience that has matured inside my heart.

Without it my life would be lived the way it was before....with furrowed brough and clenched teeth.

And I'd probably look quite a bit older.

The Year of Gratitude 

0 comments: