Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 4: Backup

I have been sick today, so I almost forgot to post. I was fine this morning, but have been gradually getting worse all day.  Nothing specific, just tired and achy mixed with nausea - I hope that's the extent of it.

When I get sick I slightly panic that everything I had planned for the day isn't going to get done.  That my kids will starve and run circles around my sickbed while I groan and moan like I may die.

Luckily that isn't usually how it play out, because I have backup.

Today I am thankful that I don't have to parent alone.

I know plenty of people that do it, and do it well.  Some of my best friends have been/are single parents and they are amazing.  But on days like this - days when I don't want to get out of bed even to get a glass of water, and it's too cold for my kids to go outside, and the thought of fixing food makes me want to die - I understand and acknowledge that I am so lucky that I don't have to do any of this by myself.

I could elaborate, but I think you get the point.

Now back to bed.

p.s. And for those of you with your wild minds areelin' in the direction of babies and morning sickness - you need to shut that off.

Right now.

Goodnight.

The Year of Gratitude 

1 comments:

Valerie's HeART said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Amen! My pet peeve is when women arrive somewhere so excited their husband is babysitting. Dad's don't babysit...they parent! Co-parenting is the greatest endeavor and adventure a couple will ever take"!