Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 15: Exhaustion

Friends, I am exhausted.  I just got home about twenty minutes ago and want nothing more than to sit on my couch with my husband, but I made this commitment...and only 15 days in I'm rethinking it.  Sheesh.

It's not that I don't have anything to be grateful for, its more that I just don't really think any of it would be interesting to anyone but me.

Plus I'm tired tonight.  That doesn't help.

My shins hurt. (I think I'm getting late-onset basketball player shin splints - I'm sure that's a thing.)  My fingers hurt from pretend note-taking (aka "doodling"). And my brain hurts from all of the thinking and pretend-listening it had to do today.

So I guess I'm sort of thankful for exhaustion.

Not the sleep-deprived exhaustion, or the new-baby exhaustion, or the not-getting-enough-B12 exhaustion, but the I WORKED REALLY DAMN HARD TODAY exhaustion.

There's something satisfying and beautiful in that.

For that I am lucky.

The Year of Gratitude 

0 comments: