Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013....2014

What a great year.

Correction...what a great year to learn how I deal with life in survival mode.

The first half of the year was spent wrapping things up in a life that kept me just a step outside my comfort zone 89% of the time, while the second half was spent starting a new life in a place very close to our old lives, but dissimilar in ways that no one could possibly know from the outside. 

Confused?

Yeah me too.  Perhaps that's why I feel like I've been trying to catch up with myself in 2013.  That might be why I haven't taken Ollie's one-year pictures, or started planning yet for the class I'm teaching this spring, or finished the Blurb book that I started in July as a keepsake of Northern Ireland.

Where in the hell has time gone?

Forget about it....I'm not one to dwell on the past, so we won't go down that road.

2014.
That starts tomorrow.  I've been inspired friends, and now you're all going to be subject to it...which is your choice.  I mean, I guess you could stop reading at any time.

A few years ago a friend of mine from college started a blog where she documented one year of gratitude.  It was beautiful.  I loved it, and was sad when she stopped.  You can read it here.

Then this last year a friend of mine from church decided to post something she was thankful for every day for an entire year.  I loved it and I'm sort of dreading that she'll stop tomorrow.

Gratitude is beautiful, wouldn't you say?

This is the year of gratitude y'all.

My two words for this year....
Grace for myself, grace for my children, grace for the people I don't know in the grocery store, grace for the rude people, sad people, too-happy people.  It's GRACE ALL AROUND!

And Gratitude.
I've decided I'm going to document my gratitude right here.  Daily.  I'll probably fail at times...because it is sometimes hard to motivate myself to sit at a computer when my slippers are so so warm and Downton Abbey is so so new (SUNDAY PEOPLE!). However, one thing I am good at is acknowledging when I'm thankful, or what I'm thankful for.  Now I just need to bring them together.  Because if I want to teach my children anything, it's how to be thankful. (And not to wear camo...but that's for a different post.)

Wait, is that last sentence not showing grace?  Okay, I take it back.  (Not really.)

This is going to be the tricky one guys.

What are your words for 2014?

Start with January 1st....HERE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've been thinking about this word thing. I think I've got a couple as well. Probably one of them is "less" - less stuff in my life, less stuff in my home, less time online. The other one could be "happiness". I want to learn how to find the happiness in my life: this life I'm living here and now and not the life I constantly dream of.

Tytti

Tiffany said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@AnonymousI love it Tytti. Those are excellent words. :)

Julie L. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I shall look forward to reading your posts, Tiffany. Your writing is amazing!!

Miss Julie