Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day 176: Energy

** Before I start writing I must offer a correction to an earlier post.  A few days ago I wrote about my Dad and his big bike-riding weekend.  WEELLLLLLL, it turns out he actually did it all in one day - and the ride in the middle was 50 miles.  SO...my 60 year old father rode 100 miles in the morning, took a one hour break, and then rode in an organized ride for 50 miles, and then rode another 100 miles home to Ohio and was back in my mom's arms by 8:30 p.m. (Actually it was probably more like 9:00 since I'm SURE she made him take a shower first.)  It turns out my dad is even more B4d4$$ than we all thought.  (Did I mention he can also rollerskate backwards?)

Anyway, about today.  I woke up still pretty sick and sore from my grim (but not so grim!) diagnosis yesterday.  All I could think about was the million things I had to do that couldn't wait - like, for example, tend to the 8 quarts of strawberries I had purchased and were now rotting away in my kitchen. 
By some miracle I had enough energy to function by about mid morning.  And I was even lucky enough to get almost everything do (namely - the strawberries) before I started heading downhill again. 

Today I am thankful for found energy where there wasn't any before.

When you're home over the summer with three little boys and the sun is calling to everyone but you, you have to hope for a reserve somewhere.

0 comments: