Friday, June 13, 2014

Day 164: Film

Tonight, after a long day of hard work raising and entertaining kids I decided on a whim to suck up on tiny bit of extra energy to take my kids to a movie in the park that had been advertised.  It was the first time the park had done this, and so I had low expectations.

It turns out I didn't need to keep them quite so low, because it was an amazing night.

As I sat there in the park of my tiny town with a crowd of people on blankets and in lawn chairs....

As we stared at a large screen in anticipation that was propped up on the edge of beautiful calm lake...

As the sun set in a pink glow exactly in our line of vision....

....it was all absolutely perfect - and this intense reminder of why I love living here. 

Today I am thankful for the town I live in and how it made my heart feel tonight.

Warm fuzzies all around.

0 comments: