Monday, April 14, 2014

Day 104: Improved


Today I woke up in a total funk.  I think it is because I went to bed in a total funk and never really shook it off.

I was weepy and emotional.   Maybe there's a better phrase than being in a funk. Like....looking and acting like a water-soaked sponge that's been sitting in the bottom of your dirty dishwater for three hours because you forgot to drain it out.

That's more how I felt.  If I have to put a label on it. 

I put on my sandals and thought to my less-than-happy-self, "I'm going to be thankful for being able to wear sandals."  This afternoon I stood in the lobby of work, in aforementioned sandals and looked out the window to see SNOW.  THAT WAS STICKING TO THE GROUND.  IN MID APRIL. 

I went to the dentist, which I pretty much hate, and I thought, "I'll be thankful because I don't have any cavities."

Well, you can probably figure out how that went.
I'll give you a hint: my next appointment is three weeks from now.

So at that point I decided that I need to stop planning what I'm going to write about for the remainder of the day.

And now as I sit here at the end of my day, I'm thankful for this...

Today I'm thankful that my mood improved.

My step got lighter.

My smile found its way back to my face.

By the time I left work at 7:30 pm - still in my sandals - I didn't even really care that there was snow, and I had a hard time remembering what I was so upset about earlier that day.

Sometimes God knows how to put into your heart what you didn't realize you were missing.


0 comments: