Saturday, April 19, 2014

Day 108: Safe Travels

I am an anxious flyer.  Which is funny because I hate driving even more.  And for someone who likes to travel the world and experience things - this is a bit inconvenient. 

Today in the interest of meeting my newest niece I got into a tiny tin-can of a plane and wobbled around in the air for 2 hours before landing in Atlanta, only to do it again to get to North Carolina. 

And I made it.

When there is a lot of turbulence I find it really helpful to close my eyes and pretend that God is bouncing me around like an infant you're trying to get to sleep.

Weird...I know.  I'd rather be doing weird quiet things than making a scene and screaming, "Why isn't anyone PANICKING?"  Which I'm sure other passengers appreciate.

Today I am thankful for my repertoire of calming techniques.   

How very zen of me.  I feel very cool.

0 comments: