Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day 117: Rain

I love thunderstorms.  And when they are rare (like in any other place than Northern Ireland), I love rainy days just as much as I love sunshine.

Today was one of those warm rainy days that made me feel cozy and cocooned.  They called for storms and tornadoes in other parts of the midwest, but I hope things were as quiet everywhere as they were here. 

Rainy days give us this excuse to do nothing but just breath in and out.  Priorities and obligations somehow float out the window.  Wait, is that just for me?

Even though my garden sits empty, the rain somehow gave the soil new life and made everything more colorful and beautiful.   Every photographer knows that overcast skies offer the most flattering light.

Today I am thankful for a rainy day.

0 comments: