Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 95: Family

Today we are celebrating our Family Day.  Five years ago we brought home the most amazing little boy to start our family.  He slept the whole way on the plane and didn't cry a peep.

I spent the whole trip wondering how I got so lucky, and weeping for the two women who loved him whom he left behind. I also spent a lot of time wondering how much he should eat, sleep, and drink - since I had no way of knowing, and these sorts of things don't include instruction manuals.

The beginning of my family - on a big blue plane heading home from South Korea. A 10 month old beautiful boy on my lap and a tiny little life that was revealing himself through morning sickness and fatigue.  

Today I am thankful that God chose this way to start my family.

It included many bumps, lots of patience, and some sadness.  But in the end, I couldn't imagine it any other way.

Happy Family Day my little boy.

I am the luckiest.

0 comments: