Friday, April 11, 2014

Day 101: Green

The thing I miss most about Northern Ireland (besides the people, small towns, beaches, ocean, biscuits, tea, and accent) is what you see when you look out the window of a moving car - green rolling hills. 

All year round.

I got so used to it that when all of our beautiful snow melted away a few weeks ago I was actually a little shocked by how brown EVERYTHING was.  I had forgotten how that happens here. 

So this morning when I walked in my front yard on the way to school I was seriously DELIGHTED to see the new green grass poking through the dead stuff.  So delighted, in fact, that I ran around pointing each new patch out to my kids who stood on the sidewalk and rolled their eyes at me. 

I almost took my clothes off and rolled across it, I was so excited. 

But I also don't want to get arrested.

Or a reputation.

Today I am thankful for the reappearance of green grass and buds on the trees.

Spring is here.

1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OMG when I got back in December to California in the middle of a drought and a usually fairly wet time of year looked dry and dead like the end of Summer does here it was the most depressing thing ever... Now Spring has finally brought some green back into my life and it is the best thing ever. But I still miss the rolling hills..... and it is lamb season! I want to see the lambs!