Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day 100: This.


Day 100! I feel like I should do something extra awesome.  like my kids do at school for 100 Day.  But alas, I have nothin'.

Except this.

Today I am thankful for the train tracks on the floor that I have to step over constantly becuase it means that my children are able to use their minds to build things and engineer tracks all over my bedroom floor.

Today I am thankful for the sound of my alarm ringing at 5:00 am, and again at 5:09, and again at 5:18, because it is a reminder that I can hear.

Today I am thankful for a slow computer, because it gives me time to drink coffee and reminds me to look out the window at the early light shining on my street.

Today I am thankful for the crumbs that stuck to my feet as I walked through my kitchen, because it represents the plenty in our lives.

Today I am thankful for a long to-do list, because it means that I have work and a way to contribute while focusing on my passion.

Today I am thankful for the extra tired I feel, because it means I was up late with a group of women who inspire me to be better.

Today I am thankful for a sore hand, because I was able to write a long letter to a friend.

Today I am thankful for a broken blind on my front window, because it forces me to slow down and look outside as I try to rig it up to stay open.

Today I am thankful for the overcast sky, because it means there is water there to offer newness and growth to my world.

Today I am thankful for the stack of papers I have to grade, because it means I get to teach people a subject I love.

Today I am thankful for the much-too-early sounds of my sons talking in their room - of one waking up the other, because it means they made it through the night and I get to see their smiling faces soon.

Today I am thankful for the constant babble of another, because it means he is happy to be awake. 

Today I am thankful for the cars and tractors scattered in their bedroom, and the dishes piled at the sink, because it means I have a house of boys.

Today I am thankful for the impending morning, because it means I have a chance to do it all again.