Friday, February 28, 2014

Day 59: Help

Today I had to go into work earlier than I was expecting because of reasons that totally sucked.  I actually don't usually go in on Fridays, but I had scheduled an art-pickup for today and then had to be there earlier than worked for our schedule. 

Working part-time is a blessing for our family.  I have so very little to complain about, because what I have is exactly what I want.  However, when you work part-time it is very hard to figure out what to do with your kids in unexpected instances like today.  Because my mother-in-law watches my children two days a week simply out of the goodness that oozes out of her heart, I feel awful asking her at the last minute to take over while I run into work.  Because my husband actually gets paid to do a full time job, I can only ask him to "work from home" a limited number of times before it becomes questionable. 

But I am so lucky to have people that are willing to help.

Today I am thankful that I live close to family that is willing to help.

Raising kids is hard.  Might as well not do it alone.

0 comments: