Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 41: Ordinary

Tonight on my way home from work I was trying to think of what I would write about on here for my Year of Gratitude.

I really had some trouble.

In the words of my little son Liam at bedtime prayers every night, "I just don't know what I'm thankful for."
Today wasn't a rotten day, and nothing bad happened.  It was just a busy day that equaled a lot of me running around and not a lot of me being present and in the moment.  It felt sort of like a day from my former life, but with less brow furrowing and more it will get done when it gets done.

So I wasn't feeling particularly reflective or introspective tonight on my 20 minute drive home and mad dash through Aldi's.

But maybe that's okay.

Today I am thankful for a productive and ordinary day.

Sometimes the quietness of ordinary is lovely.

And often we take the ordinary days - the days where not much happens besides living - for granted.

1 comments:

Julie L. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yes, Tiffany, I agree that it is magnificent to be thankful for all of the ordinary days that God provides to us! How is your family? We missed you at FMC this past Sunday!

Love,

"Miss Julie"