Saturday, February 1, 2014

Day 32: Plan B


This winter has been filled with altered plans, cancelled plans, and postponed plans.  Plan B has been brought into action multiple times this weekend alone, and yesterday afternoon at work I even had to move on to a Plan C.

My younger self would have gone absolutely nuts.  I hated staying in, hated cancelled plans, and a snow day on the weekend felt like a jail sentence.

Now it feels like a free pass.

A free pass to breath in and out.
A free pass to watch a movie at 11:00 in the morning with my kids.
A free pass from showering or combing my hair.
A free pass from running errands and getting groceries.
A free pass from obligations I didn't even realize I wasn't looking forward to.
A free pass to take a long afternoon nap.

Today I am thankful for Plan B.

It's not always convenient, but for some reason it often comes at the right times.


1 comments:

LHuseman said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I totally agree with you on this one! I use to hate "snow days" because they were stealing my "me" time, but then I realized that I needed to spend that time with my kids before they get too big and I have all the "me" time that I NEVER wanted. Enjoy them, they grow up so fast :)