Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 42: Library

Since we've moved home I tend to spend a lot of time thinking of ways to make this little town we live in better.  I find myself thinking that there is so much untapped potential in so many places that it practically keeps me up at night. 

It's a sickness to care this much about what could be.

So I thought I would focus on what it has done right.

Today I am thankful for our public library.

I am not lying when I say I go there practically every day.  The librarians know me by name, and my kids seem to think they own the place.  It is an amazing source for books (who woulda thought?). I've never had a book I couldn't either find there, or have delivered there for no cost.  They have a huge selection of DVDs to rent, including new releases, (for free). They have this amazing story time for preschool kids that includes the making of a cute little craft.  It's a warm place for Miles and I to hide out and read books after we've dropped Liam off and are waiting to go back to school in the afternoon.  There are classes galore that all sound interesting and maybe someday I'll actually get to engage in.  AND they have coffee.  Seriously - it's like Starbucks meets Barnes and Noble meets my grandma's living room.

It is absolutely my favorite thing about living where I live right now.  I love the ladies that work there, and can't think of any time the library has let me down.  (They even have the cleanest sidewalks in town - which is a HUGE deal for me this winter.)

This is ending up sounding like a commercial for our public library, but I promise they aren't paying me anything for this.  (They just promised me free movies and books - oh wait, you mean they do that for everyone?! snap.)  (And who would seriously pay to advertise on here anyway?)


1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love this! Enjoy the library in our home town so much too, can't understand why more people don't use the library often. Of course my mom is a librarian so it's kind of engrained in me.
PS love the blog, keep up the good work.