Friday, February 14, 2014

Day 45: A Day for Love

It's no secret I love Valentine's Day.  I love it even more now that I have kids.  I love the colors, the message of love, the little tiny valentines.

I'm starting to realize through writing on this blog that I generally just love holidays - any excuse to celebrate.

Today I am thankful for celebrations.

I love the happiness and togetherness celebrations evoke - the warmth of belonging to something fun and celebratory.
Tonight I had a very romantic Valentine's Day dinner planned with my four valentines - complete with heart shaped tortilla pizzas, red sparkly juice (wine for me - don't kid yourself), candlelight, and  the soundtrack from Frozen being played in the background the whole time.  Of course, nothing went perfectly.  The cookies we made earlier tasted like hollow cardboard and the scavenger hunt had multiple clues that had gone missing in the 2 hours since I had hidden them.  Miles found the presents long before he was supposed to, and during our candlelight dinner all anyone wanted to do was turn the lights on the whole time. I went to upload the pictures I had taken of all of the festivities only to discover I had never put a memory card into my camera.  And because I just wanted it to be over so we could congregate in front of the t.v. with popcorn and a movie, we didn't play a single game I had slaved over.

Still worth it.  Still fun.  Still learning.

Happy Love Day friends.

0 comments: