Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 142: Picture


I can think of a million reasons why I wouldn't want to get family pictures right now. 

At the top of list are things like "dire state of my wardrobe" and "10 extra pounds".

But this year on Mother's Day weekend I decided to suck it all up (and in) for a photo session with my friend and photographer, Katie.  I don't necessarily want more pictures of myself, but I DO want more picture of my boys with me.  Some of my favorite childhood pictures are of me with one or both of my parents.  The older I get, the more value I see in their very existence.

No matter what happens to me, I want my sons to have physical proof that I loved them.  I was there.  I am here.

Today I am thankful for this picture.

I don't care what the rest of the proofs look like.  All I know is that I can't stop looking at this one.  Because, by some miraculous act of God, she was able to capture a moment where we look like how I see us in my head. Somehow, between the laughter and non-stop talking and wrestling and disobedience there was a moment when we all just took a breath and sat.

I'm serious, I just can't stop looking at it.  Like all good things, it makes me want to cry.

Thank you Katie.

1 comments:

Julie L. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this photo of your precious family too, Tiffany! Such a treasure to have!!

Blessings,

Julie