Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 134: Bible Study

A few months ago I joined a small group of mothers I didn't know based solely on an invitation by a neighbor.  I didn't really care that I didn't know 90% of the group.  All I knew is that there was fancy coffee and delicious desserts.  Throw in an encouraging message and then just try and keep me away.

The group seemed nice enough.  The messages were lovely.  But I really wanted to know more.  I wanted to know more about them and who they were.  I wanted us to know more about each other.

So last night when I was in charge of the message I decided to talk about heart-given, soul-crushing, completely selfless love.  Like the love God has for us.  And to go along with that, I shared the story of meeting Miles' foster mother in South Korea.  Through ugly cries I told them about how my heart broke for her on that day, and how I have thought of her every day since. 

Then they shared their stories.

And in a room full of tears I felt suddenly felt a closeness to them I just realized I had been craving.

Today I am thankful for this group of women.

A group with which I can share my hopes and fears, even after knowing each other for such a short period of time.

0 comments: