Wednesday, May 7, 2014

127: Garden

When we decided to rent rather than buy a house I was a little sad that I wouldn't get to plant a garden - something I had really missed while we were in Northern Ireland.  So this winter when I broached the subject with our landlord he seemed all for the idea of me getting a garden.  He even went so far as to offer to turn it up for me with his fancy machine once we could see the ground again.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago.  I was at work and Dustin texted me vaguely to ask how big I wanted to garden.  Like most text messages that come to me during work, it didn't make it into the depths of my basement office so I had no idea what to expect. 

What I got was the largest garden I've ever had in my life.  What you must remember, is that someone else's "big" may be someone else's "quaint".  Either way, you won't hear me complain.  Yesterday I was so excited to finally plant the tiny tomatoes I've been coaxing into existence.  It felt good to be out there putting things into the ground that I have been nurturing since "birth". 

Today I am thankful that I got to plant my garden.


0 comments: