Tuesday, January 4, 2011

give a little bit of love...

A year and half ago we travel to Korea to bring home our oldest child.  It was scary.  I was sick.  We were emotionally overwhelmed.  On that trip we traveled with another woman and her mother that were bringing home a little boy as well.  This woman was calm, down-to-earth, and stoic.  She had three other children and a husband at home waiting for her to return with their newest addition.  It was so cool to be on that journey with her. 

Now this family has another journey to take.  They are bringing home another child - a little girl.  You can read her story here.  In short, Tracy and her family have fund raised their hearts out to earn every penny they need to adopt a 3-year-old girl with significant special needs.  A little girl that most of us would not be brave enough to choose to raise. Because of  some special circumstances with their daughter, Tracy will need a travel companion to help on the return trip (her husband has to stay home to take care of their other children).  Tracy has someone who can travel, but can't afford the extra ticket they would need to go over there.  This family is now just 2-3 weeks from traveling.  So close, but so far away.  As an at-one-time waiting mama, I know how painful that can be, especially when you're not sure how you're going to manage it. 

So, I'm asking you to consider donating.  I don't usually do that.  I don't really want my blog to be a vehicle for my political or social agenda, but it is my blog...so I'm making my exception here....because I can. 
So give if you can.

Start 2011 with a little karma on your side. :)

0 comments: