Monday, January 9, 2012

Ways to Be a Better Wife....And Still Be Me.

I often wish I was a better wife.  Not because I think it's my life goal to serve my husband, and not because I think it's important, and not even because I really want to be.
It's about guilt people.
You see, I think my husband deserves a better wife.  Not because he's manly, or the head of the household (guffaw), and definitely not because he's a "man."
But because I think he deserves it.
The man has spent years working his way to becoming the perfect husband.  Don't worry, he's not completely there yet.  I still find things about him that I find fault in....and I do my best to remind him of these things, often without thinking or even giving him time to notice them himself.  I never hesitate to say "I told you so" when I'm right....which, let's face it, is a lot.  And I still roll my eyes at him when he corrects my speech or spelling, which is more often than necessary, if you ask me.
So he's not perfect.
But I do know one thing....that he deserves someone better than me.  Because even though I'm right 99% of the time, have an uncanny sense of direction, and know a lot about a lot...there are other things (what?!?!) that maybe matter just a teensy tiny bit more. 
Like affection.
And taking turns.
And sharing the duvet.
And making him coffee.
And date night.
And taking my turn at giving the boys a bath.
And at least pretending to laugh at his jokes.
And (cough) sharing my milkshake.
And holding his hand.
I hope I never forget how to do these things.
And I need ideas.  How do you make sure the "Hunka Hunka" in your life know that you appreciate him and think he's awesome?
Because mine's awesome.  And I could tell him all day.
But I have a sneaking suspicion that actions speak louder than words. 

3 comments:

everythingismeowsome said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I wish I had some good advice. I'm pretty sure my husband deserves better than me too!!!

KyLee said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I know my husband deserves better than me, but I try to be better. I find that WATCHING him work while talking about anything other than how my dad would do it, makes me a better wife to him.

Tiffany said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@KyLee
That's good advice KyLee. I learned a long time ago not to talk about how my dad would do it, but I haven't yet learned not to talk about how I would do it. :)