Saturday, January 7, 2012

Is it January 7th already?!

So I bet you're wondering if we actually celebrated Christmas this year, or whether we just packed it in and headed to the equally cold and rainy country directly across from us.  Or maybe you're not so much wondering, as just reading this and realizing that I haven't yet littered this blog with pictures of my kids opening tons of gifts.  Or maybe you don't care.  I'll pretend like that's not true.
Never fear...Christmas pictures are here...
Here we're reading the story of Jesus' birth using the new picture Bible that Nana and Papa gave the boys.


Okay, I realize that is a lot of blog-world space used for one five minute reading, but if you had my kids, and they were sitting so nice, then you too would want it documented.

Liam with his tool bench set.

One really popular gift was the PlayDoh sets that they got from my parents.  Here they are making their favorite food...pizza!

Liam takes his culinary experiences seriously.

We were really lucky to have Dustin's parents here with us to celebrate and to make the holidays even more cheerful.  It gave us a good excuse to act as tourists around here, and the boys were in grandparent heaven.

Liam practicing his handyman skills.  (Yes, he did just get out of his jammies and it is definitely almost dark out.  Back off dudes....it was Christmas.)

Miles got a cool new racetrack that has been very popular.
We decided to get the boys each one gift because we knew they'd be spoiled by their grandparents and aunts and uncles....and they were.  We also decided that because these gifts would likely stay here when we leave, we wanted to buy them used.  So for all of those who know me, and know of my former love affair with Craigslist.com......don't worry - the UK equivalent has been found, used, and conquered.

Eating our "shepherds' supper" - a Fisher family tradition.

Many years ago, before I had kids I made two of my nephews superhero capes with their initials on them for Christmas.  This year my sister-in-law returned the favor with these super cool capes that the boys LOVE.  I am thankful for this on many levels...one being that I am much lazier now that I have my own children, and without her doing this, my own kids would never have gotten such cool capes.  

So there you have it.  We had an awesome Christmas celebration here, and are infinitely grateful to Dustin's parents who traveled all this way to help us celebrate the birth of Jesus.


1 comments:

everythingismeowsome said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm so glad you had a good Christmas and that you had some family there to celebrate with you!