Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Plans

I don't actually make New Years Resolutions.
I just don't.  Something about them seem prone to failure.
I make plans.
Plans for me.  Plans for my kids.  Plans for us.
Here are my PLANS....
  1. To figure out how to be the master quelcher of epic temper tantrums.  If you read my last post you would find out that we had mall security called on us...in another country (thank God) and a very similar (yet more mortifying) event happened on the 35 minute flight from Belfast to here.  (We're the family everyone talked about with their families and friends when they got off the plane.)  Soooo...I'm going to figure this out.  It is my plan.  I'm not reading any filthy parenting books because they have let me down.  In fact, I blame them.  They don't know my kid.  Or me.  And they have been rendered worthless by this newly minted master quelcher.  Do I have a plan?  No.  Do I feel alone?  Yes.  Will I succeed.  You better hope so.  (You could be the one sitting in front of us on our next flight.)
  2. To do more art.  I did the worst thing an artist could do to her career.  I had kids.  I've seen artists that make it work.  And I will.  Starting in 2012.
  3. To chill out.  And choose my battles. 
  4. To visit more places.  Once I recover from this trip of course.
  5. To become more stylish.  Maybe some new scarves?  It may need to be more extensive than that. Oh yeah, and I live on no income.  soo.......
  6. Find a sewing machine.  And use it.
  7. Make sure the people who I love far away know how much I love them.  I'm still devising this plan in my head, but if you're on that list, then prepare to be loved.  If you're not...then yours must have gotten lost in the mail. :)
  8. Get over this pesky homesickness.  I haven't felt it for months, until this Christmas break.  I think it is a combination of things that have brought it on, but I miss my family...and my friends....and even inanimate comforts of home....and I need to get over it.  Otherwise, as Dustin put it,  it will be a very long 1.5 years.
So simple enough plans, don't you think?  I think they're totally doable.  And I can't wait to implement them into my yearly agenda....or as they say here, my yearly rota.

1 comments:

everythingismeowsome said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

As for the choosing your battles thing, our pediatrician once told me "choose your battles, just be sure you always WIN the ones you choose." Very wise advice, I've found.