The top thirteen things I love about my dad.
- He would never yell at me (except for that one time we were playing Rook and I was his partner - but that doesn't count).
- He always took a moment to tell me how proud he was of me.
- He loves my children and is a super grandpa.
- He used to take us kids rollerskating on Sundays afternoons - and he was a REALLY good rollerskater.
- He is good at everything he does.
- He gives really good advice - but usually not unsolicited advice...which is a good thing. :)
- He has always worked VERY hard and has still always found time for us kids.
- He and my mom taught us that life is more about experiences than things.
- He let us watch forbidden cartoons when mom was gone (although I think it was just because he didn't know any better - and we didn't correct him.)
- He isn't afraid to try new things or move to new countries.
- He and my mom always encouraged us to try new things...even if said things cost them money.
- One time, he asked my mom to take photographs of all of his outfits that matched so he could just look at the pictures to figure out what to wear in the morning. That still makes me smile.
- He demonstrated for me the type of man I wanted to marry, the type of father I wanted for my kids, and the type of marriage I wanted for myself.
i love you.