Saturday, April 4, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

I know, I know....everytime I'm following someone's blog that has traveled to Korea for an adoption I always get a little bit peeved on the day of their return when they don't post anything. I mean, you're only on the plane for 12 hours, it seems like in the remaining 12 hours of the day SOMETHING could be posted. Well, now I understand....these people are TIRED!

The morning we left went really well

- at least in the beginning.
The picture to the left is at our hotel room right before we had to leave to meet the driver. This picture to the right is of our driver with Miles while we were waiting for the other couple to check out of their hotel. Miles loved sitting up at the wheel and pretending to drive. Plus it was great because he was getting really hungry at this point and it was a good distraction while we waited for them.

Once we reached the airport it went a bit south - but just for a tiny bit because he was so hungry and we were stuck in immigration waiting for his paperwork. Finally Dustin got his bottle out and was able to fill it in their offices, but not before Miles caught a glimpse of it and fell apart. However, after eating he was happy as a clam and here is another picture to prove it. :)

The flight couldn't have gone better. Miles probably slept a total of 6 hours and didn't cry (by this I mean REALLY cry) once the entire ride. This was awesome considering the fact that he didn't really get to crawl around at all or move much. Here is a cute picture of him sleeping in the bassinet that the airline provides.
Nana and Papa came to pick him up at the airport and so we were very
grateful for that. It was the first time that Miles had ever been in a carseat and he did pretty well. They even had a delicious lunch waiting for us at their house. There Miles got to meet Cooper, our dog. I've had reservations about this, but when Miles saw Cooper he laughed and laughed - harder than I had ever heard him. He got lots of exercise exploring their house and finally being able to crawl. On our way home Miles sat in his carseat and we didn't hear a peep out of him because he fell asleep immediately. When we got home we were greeted by a decorated house and lots of balloons that Miles had a love/hate relationship with.

Finally we gave Miles a bath and called it a night. The bedtime kept getting pushed forward because we just kept getting more and more tired. Finally Miles fell asleep at 6:30, as did the rest of us.

Perhaps later I'll write about our experimentation with him using his own crib and how you can tell if a baby is REALLY REALLY hungry later. For now, I need to use this time when both "boys" are sleeping to get caught up on some very delinquent school work. :)



Jen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Welcome Home: Miles!

Welcome Home: Mommy & Daddy!

JoJo said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Welcome Home!!

Lynn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So happy to see you at home! Glad the journey went so well. Can't wait to meet Miles and hold him at a Kennell Get-together!! All the Kennell girls in our family think Miles is SO cute!

Brooke Gronewold said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Welcome home! Miles is just adorable!

Dawn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Welcome home! We can't wait to meet Miles (and see you of course). You may get invaded - ready or not!