Thursday, April 9, 2009

We're getting there.....

Well, yesterday was frustration and successful all at once.  Miles didn't take his big nap in the afternoon.  It was hard because it was so obvious that he was SO TIRED!  Instead we had a bought of terrible crying on and off for about 2 hours.  We tried EVERYTHING.  Finally we went on a walk at around 3:00 and he of course fell asleep.  He can't last long in his car seat or stroller before he is completely conked out.  The only problem is that he wakes up the minute you lift him out of either device.  The good news is that we put him to bed last night at around 8 - just in time for LOST of course, and we expected him to wake up around 11 for the obligatory move from crib to our bed.  However, he never woke up!  Finally this morning at 7:30 I heard him stirring in his crib and went to go check on him to find him sitting there quietly waiting for me.  I was shocked!  Hopefully this is a trend.  However, I probably got just a little sleep because all night I kept wondering whether I should go check on him to make sure he was still breathing.  Although I can totally understand a family's choice to use the family bed, and we planned on using at least until we thought Miles felt safe and secure, it was REALLY nice to stretch out in bed last night and only wrestle with one person for the covers.  Anyways, here are more pictures of Miles over the last few days.  

We went over to Andrew and Becky's to watch the final game in the tournament and for Miles to meet some of his future playmates.  We hadn't planned on taking him out this soon, but we
 were getting major cabin fever.  This is Miles with Avery, who is only a week apart from him in age.  

Here is Miles just waking up in the morning in his cute pjs that Audra got for him as a gift.  Dustin always takes care of Miles in the morning while I sleep in, which is nice for
 me, and I think that he really enjoys that time of having Miles all to himself. 

Miles' favorite toy so far has been this little wagon with blocks that my grandpa Wyse made for him this last Christmas.  He is ALWAYS dumping it out and banging the blocks together and then dragging the wagon around.  

This is Miles with "Monkey".  You'll notice that Monkey has been in about every picture I've posted.  It was a gift from Isaac and Rachel when we got the referral and we sent it out to Miles in a care package for another couple to give him and his foster mother.  Monkey goes everywhere with Miles, usually in his mouth so that both hands are available for crawling, grabbing, you name it.  And for some reason Miles LOVES chewing on his nose and tail.  I finally just washed it today because the smell was making me gag.  It's still cute though. :)

Well, I can hear Dustin in Miles' room saying "See Miles, your crib is a fun place!" over and over again.  I'm not sure who he is trying to convince. :)


Cori said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Glad to hear things are getting better. Tiffany, where did you get those cute long socks that Miles is wearing? I have been looking everywhere for long socks for Seth (hoping that those might have a better chance of staying on).

Kristi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey Tiff! Congrats on the adoption of Miles. He is such a cutie! Tricia told me about your blog. I have enjoyed reading it and hearing your wonderful contagious giggle again! I hope the three of you continue to adjust well! take care.

Butch and Tracy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How awesome.. a full nights sleep. Asher is still struggling. I know we will get there. Miles is just a little cutie. I love the pictures. So glad he is doing so good.