1. I will do almost anything so that my one year old won't fall asleep for 5 minutes in the car before his nap.
2. The reason the last month of pregnancy is so miserable is so that you aren't hyper-focused and freaked out by the fact that you are actually going to have a baby to take care of after it is all over.
3. It feels good to graduate and know that you are done with school indefinitely.
4. It doesn't feel good to get your Direct Loans statement in the mail and realize you could be a medical doctor instead of a starving artist and probably have the same loan amount.
5. Babies don't sleep just because you ask them to.
6. It's impossible to reason with a one year old in a parking lot when all you really want him to do is walk and hold your hand.
7. If you make your legs really really stiff, it is close to impossible for your mom to buckle you into a carseat against your will.
8. It is possible to breastfeed a baby, and fix lunch for your other child at the same time.....not easy, but possible.
9. I am not above eating hotdogs and macaroni....for many meals in a row.
10. 90% of maternity clothes are not meant to be flattering, rather, just tent-like and "cute".
11. Don't give your husband a kick-butt electronic Christmas present in the MORNING of Christmas. Instead, act like you forgot to get him anything and then bust it out after everyone has gone to bed. It's the only guarantee for a productive day.
12. You must PRETREAT all stains, or they never go away.
13. Children are messy and make a lot of stains.
14. There is no shame in going to bed at 9 p.m...... or earlier.
15. That I would have no need for an alarm clock. It's replacement is a cute little Korean boy with a giant teddy bear and stuffed monkey.
16. That I would someday use my hand as a kleenex, and then wipe the accumulated snot on my own pant leg.
17. I am the only parent in the world that doesn't LOVE going to the park.
18. I may also be the only one that doesn't live for bathtime
19. People have a really hard time pronouncing, spelling, or remembering the name "Liam".
20. You CAN be in labor for over 60 hours.
21. There are times when no amount of labor education classes, labor education books, will power, and chiropractor appointments can actually help you.
22. Sometimes you just need an epidural and pitocin.
23. Closing a business can feel like just as much of a success as it does a failure.
24. Sometimes babies just don't burp.
25. It DOES matter if you give a one year old sugar before bed.
26. Morning sickness is not a myth.
27. Your social life really does change once you have kids.
28. Maternity pants are REALLY comfortable AND you don't ever have to worry about your zipper being down.
29. When you go to Korea, try NOT to be five weeks pregnant - it will really help when you're considering climbing up to Seoul Tower.
30. Just when you think there is no more room left in your heart to love another person this much, your heart will always make room.
31. There is a reason why God doesn't usually give you two babies in eight months, but when he does he makes you love them an EXTRA lot so that you can survive it.