Friday, July 18, 2014

Day 199: Entertainment.

Today I woke up with a list of things I needed to get done, and a list of things we had to do as a collective unit (like, go to the dentist).  

I didn't want to fall into the trap of frantically reminding everyone that "we have a lot to do" all morning.  So while I was deciding what to just put on the back burner for the day something magical happened. 

A truck full of men and women pulled up with chainsaws and started cutting down the dead tree in our front yard. 

Presto!  Free hour-long entertainment. 

It was the best.  I almost felt like I should go out and thank them for putting up with my sons' questions and comments like, "Guys, are you cutting down the wrong tree?" (They weren't.)

Today I am thankful for the gift of an hour.

0 comments: