Friday, July 18, 2014

Day 198: New


Tonight while the older children were off singing songs about Jesus and consuming more sugar at Bible School, Oliver and I had a rare chance to go for a walk alone.  I have a pretty standard route around town.  We are lucky enough to have a paved wooded trail near our home, and it is where I automatically go whenever I get my tennis shoes on.  Tonight as the sun set and the town began to come alive with evening buzz, I decided to go a different route.  For the last three days I've discovered completely new areas of our town - each area being uniquely cool and exquisite.

This is not where i saw myself 12 years ago when I was planning my wedding and graduating college.

NOT AT ALL.

But I love this little town.   Even when I try my hardest to find its faults (which it has...) I am overcome with this sense of belonging and quirkiness that combine to make it sort of sickeningly magical. 

I don't know if I'll always feel this way.  I'm not sure when the claustrophobia will set in.  But for now, I'm going to enjoy enjoying it.

Today I am thankful for the town I live in.

It's small.  It's in the middle of nowhere.  And it's mine.

0 comments: