Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ups, and downs, and more ups

It has been awhile since I wrote because, well....there has been nothing much to write about unless you all want to read about my crazy "overthinking" antics and moments of despair - not pretty.

After we made the big call on Thursday our social worker called us to let us know that one of the other social workers from the agency was making a trip to Seoul and would personally check on the status of Miles. This was on Friday and it made me so happy to know that we would know something more concrete. For some reason when Monday rolled around I expected an immediate phone call from the agency and when one didn't come I became pretty sad. However, the real desperation didn't kick in until Tuesday after school when we still hadn't heard anything. Finally, after what was dangerously close to stalker"ish" laced with depression activity by your's truly, Dustin suggested we take a mini-vacation to Chicago. It was the perfect medicine. I made the decision to leave it officially in God's hands knowing that the phone call from travel would come very soon.


It has been a long time since Dustin and I have approached Chicago like tourists, and we had so much fun. We drove up Thursday after work just in time to go to the Institute of Art for their free Thursday nights. After that we checked into our hotel and got ready for dinner. We had made reservation at Japonais - a sushi restaurant. It was so delicious and fun - the perfect distraction.

On Friday morning we went out for breakfast and a bit of shopping. And of course we had to buy the essentials for Miles....we probably weren't really ready to get him anyways until we had at least one Cubs jersey for him when he came home. :)


After that we went to a Korean restaurant in the south loop called Korean Seoulfood Cafe (get the play on words there?? Very witty). We of course got the all-you-can eat buffet. I had found this place on the internet and we were really excited about it since we can't seem to find Korean food in Peoria. It was great! We had no idea what anything was because it wasn't labeled, but it was all very good. I finally asked one guy which dish was Kimchi, because apparently EVERYONE eats kimchi with every meal over there, so I felt like I had to try it.


And this last picture is of Dustin at the Korean restaurant. He's going to be so mad when he sees that I put it up, but I laughed so hard when I saw it that I want everyone to be able to enjoy it!

1 comments:

Cori said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Another Cubs fan! We dressed Seth in a Cubs outfit for his homecoming back to Chicago. I literally changed him into the outfit (not comfortable for a plane ride) in the bathroom next to customs in O'Hare. The Cubs were actually doing well at the time.........sigh.

And great news about your timeline. That's great that they were able to give you some sort of update!