Sunday, March 8, 2009

I hope Miles likes books...


Okay, we may have gone a tad bit overboard with the book buying and book gifts, but we've really been buying childrens books since we've been married. I know it seems weird, but I went through a phase where I was sure I wanted to be a children's book writer and I worked in a daycare surrounded by clever little funny books that I knew I wanted to own. In fact, these are probably only about 2/3 of the childrens books that we actually have in our house. If Miles is anything like his dad, then I'll need to buy stock in Amazon. If nothing else, he can at least chew on them. :) All of the board books and hardcovers have been given to us especially for Miles by friends and family. They are all so cute. I wrote the names of people that have given us the books so that Miles will always know who thought of him when they picked it out.

2 comments:

stuckeyfisher said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm glad to see you have such good books for Miles! I think I've read most of those books to our boys (many times to each!) and as bad of a reader as I may be, they still ask for them to be read again and again!

Matt

Hilary said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How fun! Don't worry - you can never have too many books for your kids - it's still the best toy we have around - not only can you read them, but you're right - they get chewed on. And when he's older, you can play "book fair," "library," "book store" and "book party!" :)

Praying for you, Dustin and Miles as you prepare for his arrival and do too much waiting...
Love, Hilary