Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Day 85: Creativity


This morning I woke up with a backache and bags under my eyes.  I wish it was because I was at a sweet concert dancing the night away, but instead it was because I spent 45 minutes lying on the floor. 

Miles and Liam are on spring break right now, which is only fun for them because the rest of us are most definitely not on spring break. 

So a few days ago when my very clever Facebook friend Elizabeth mentioned that her boys were having a staycation of camping in the living room floor I not only threatened to steal her idea, I totally did it.

We popped the tent up in the middle of the living room, watched movies from our sleeping bags, fought over flashlights, and made smores the only way we know how in below freezing weather. 

Today I am thankful for the creativity of friends that inspires me daily as a mom.

The boys absolutely loved it.  I only lasted a safe 45 minutes before I was tucked into my big beautiful bed with my book.  I heard Liam tell my sister-in-law this morning that "Mommy and Daddy had so much fun that they had to sleep in their own bed." 

So much fun and a sore back.

0 comments: