Thursday, July 26, 2012

To My Dear Sweet Miles...

If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you.
 - Christopher Robin

Dear Sweet, Impulsive, Energetic Miles...

Where do I even begin?  Perhaps at the beginning...  You were my first baby.  With your striped onesie, balancing on a little red throne, I knew I would love you forever.  What I didn't know, was how quickly you would shed away the shell of a baby and turn into a gorgeous full-blown boy.
A boy with the energy to move mountains.
The passion to do something amazing - no matter how small it seems.
A year ago I wished for you words...language that we could share together - so that I could be a better part of your life.  I wanted to understand you, to help you, and to guide you.  I thought words were the answer. 
Now your words have flourished.  You talk endlessly. During church. During naptime. During dinners. And even while you're trying to fall asleep at night.  Your words fill my life with new meaning and something new to love.  When you give me your words, I feel like you're giving me a gift.
When we brought Liam home, you didn't have many words.  Almost no words.  Now we will be bringing home a new baby - a tiny sibling for you to bless with your words.  To sing to.  I hope you love them.  I hope you teach them everything you know about adventures, cars, and loving fiercely.
I hope you are the type of big brother that I know you can be.
I know you will be that type of brother.

I'll love you forever,
Your mama.

1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I should not be reading this at work :) Oh. My. Heart.