Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dear Miles,
As I write this I am sitting in our bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep. You've had a very busy day. I realize that you can't read this and that you won't ever realize how sad I am right now. Today officially marked the end of our special time together. Tomorrow I go back to work for the first time since you've been home, and I have such mixed feelings about it. Although I will be home again in November, and again next summer, never again will it just be the two of us. I have cherished every moment of this
20 weeks that I've gotten to spend with you.....more than I ever thought possible. You are so funny and make me laugh every single day. You amaze me with the things that you've picked up in the last 4 and a half months. Never before have I met someone who made me want to actually stay home on a Saturday night. I love you so much.Tomorrow when I leave you will be with your dad. I am jealous of the next month that you get to spend with him before he starts back at school. I know that you

will be fine, and will have so much fun - probably even more fun than you and I had together. And the babysitter that we've picked out for you is perfect. I have no worries that you will be loved and well taken care of while you are there. You will have so many friends to play with and so many toys to chew on.

Someday you'll look back at this and roll your eyes, thinking how your mom is crazy and should really "get a grip." (Which is probably a little true.) But always know that tomorrow when I go to work all I will be thinking about is you. I will be missing you because I know that this is the end of just one little era of our lives. You will be happy and probably won't even know I'm gone.

In fact, you'll probably never remember these last few months. However, they will always be etched in my mind as some of the most wonderful months of my life up until now.You are the most loving, beautiful, funny, smart, and outgoing little boy I know. I hope that you will always keep those qualities and that you will always know how much your mom and dad love you. We are so lucky to have you.

Love, Mom













2 comments:

Celeste and Tom said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very sweet note to your son and I hope your first day back to work is a good one. Congratulations on your preganancy!

Tracy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful...