Friday, May 24, 2013

FIVE.



Dear Miles.
Today you're FIVE.
Five.
What a fabulous number of years to be alive.
You are brilliant, and funny, and full of life.  And today when you told everyone at your party "Thank you everyone for coming to my birthday party." I was also reminded that you are gracious in your own way.
Every year on your birthday I dream about your birth.  I want to know what you were like when you entered into the world.  I want to know who held you first. I wish I was there.

But I get to be here now, and you are still young enough that I get to know more about you than anyone else in the world. I know that you love anything that moves.  You love being outside.  You love playing "kick" (football/soccer). You don't have a favorite color, because you can't be bothered with choosing favorites.  You'll try any kind of food, but LOVE hamburgers.

You can't seem to stay out of trouble at school, but I can see how every single child in your class adores you. You memorize names and remember faces. You are quick to say "hello" when we see someone you know. You are teaching me how to be a social creature. You shy from no one.

You are stubborn and strong-willed. You love yogurt but not bananas. Everyday you'll ask for "runny eggs", but then be upset that they aren't scrambled.  You are learning every hour how to control your temper. You are growing up.

You wear holes in the knees of your jeans faster than I can buy them. You can turn anything into a boat. There is no wall, hill, or mountain you won't try to climb.  You are an adventurer.

You love movies. You re-enact them, and memorize every scene. You plan it over and over again for days. You are creative.

You love making noise. You drum on everything you can find.  You carry a beat. You sing LOUD. You sing off-key.  You are a performer.

You are the best five year old I know.

I love you forever and ever.
Your mama.

3 comments:

Julie L. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy 5th Birthday, Miles! We remember how very, very excited your parents were to introduce you to all of us!!
Love,
The Largent Family from First Mennonite Church of Morton

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

this is great. I love him. take me with you guys.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Saw you featured on A Cup of Jo's blog! This is the most touching post I have read in a while. :)