Thursday, December 3, 2009

This baby is NEVER coming! But Miles is keeping things interesting.

Well, the baby bean called to say that it has changed its mind and it isn't ever going to come out - at least not on my time schedule. Therefore I have decided to embrace these days with Miles that are just the two of us, and that I never really thought I would get again. The only problem is that I'm over nine months pregnant and EVERYTHING is hard. Just a small problem though, right?? In fact, the little stinker didn't take a nap today. I am upstairs and just heard him come out of his room after almost three hours of singing, crying, and laughing. As I write this he is downstairs stomping around loudly and laughing at how funny he thinks he is.

As proof that he should be tired, I'm including a video of Miles that I took this morning the SECOND time he woke up - at 5:30am. It's pretty cute how he wakes up every morning and comes over to get us in our room. Now that he is in a toddler bed he will get up either A.) as soon as he sees one of us turn on a light, or B.) At what he feels is an appropriate hour (his definition of an appropriate hour and mine are VERY different). The cutest part, which I couldn't actually capture in this video is that when he comes out he ALWAYS has to bring monkey and bear (we get real creative with names around here). Bear is about as big as Miles. The movie is sort of long because I also included some predawn playtime that Miles and I shared while Dustin slept blissfully in the other room. Luckily I can't sleep in right now anyways so I don't mind getting up with him. Eventually this may change. :)


Miles just came upstairs and when he saw me he laughed/smiled really big like he is the most clever little guy around - what a turkey.

Also today I decided that if I did some serious cleaning and mopping it might jump-start some labor. All it really did was give Miles something to play in. I was mopping the bathroom and when I turned around this is what I found. It only took him about 2.5 seconds, but the boy loves bubbles - especially rubbing them in his hair. Luckily I was only using dish soap because I couldn't find any actual mopping solution. :)


Well, that is all I really have to share today. Maybe the next post will be about a new little baby - if it really does exist and I haven't just been having a weird stomach flu for the last nine+ months.

0 comments: