Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Backpost: This Little Birthday Boy



Written: 5/24/2015

My Dear Dear Oldest Boy,

Today you turn seven and I am completely floored at what a big boy you are.   Where have the last six years gone so quickly?  I will always miss your chubby cheeks and the silly ways of your toddler years, but I am so excited to watch you grow into a boy. 

Right now your favorite television show is Rescue Bots.  You got a new bike for your birthday and you seem to be a real natural at riding it. You love baseball and soccer, and you are learning so much at piano lessons with Mr. Mark.  You are now an excellent reader and love to read stories to your youngest brother whenever he will listen.  Your favorite thing to do is listen to music on the headphones.  Will you be a musician someday?

In a few weeks we are going on a big trip to New England that will include climbing mountains, camping, and kayaking.  I have no doubt in my mind that you will thrive while we are there.  You love hiking and just being outside. 

Bear and Monkey are still always by your side, but I can see you becoming less dependent on them. You dish out kindness to others without condition, and always offer sympathy when you see a person that is upset or hurt.

Have I mentioned that I think you are amazing?

You can find ways to create something out of nothing (like bus mirrors or hitches). Your energy in contagious to your brothers (sometimes not in the way I would prefer). J I can’t wait to see what the next seven years hold for you.

I’ll love you forever,
Your mom.

1 comments:

likeschocolate said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your photos are so lovely! Happy Birthday to your son! Wishing him a lifetime of happiness and joy!