Friday, August 9, 2013

O.N.E.

Yesterday my greatest accomplishment of 2012 turned a whopping ONE. 

That's right, it was a year ago that I introduced you to this guy.

We celebrated Oliver's milestone first birthday with cake, ice cream, slides, songs, friends, and balloons.


Wednesday night I was driving home from a friend's house and I suddenly realized that exactly a year ago I was in labor with what would soon become the one of the most splendid people I would ever meet. 

Tied only with his two predecessors.

All day on Thursday I thought about the day I brought him home (which was the same day I had him).  I thought about the day we spent together alone in the hospital room, and how I knew from the beginning that he was fierce.  Now, a year later I know he is what can only be described as "softly fierce" or "cuddly fierce".
I never would have guessed ten years ago that I'd be a mom to three such handsome boys. 

Of course we ate cake.  And laughed with friends.  But there was also an emptiness that was once filled with our lived community at Corrymeela.  I'm sure they would have loved to be there to wish this boy the happiest of birthdays. 

Little boy, I CAN NOT believe it's been a year already.


 I feel like we just met, and have known each other for a decade already.
Happy birthday little Ollie.

1 comments:

Nancy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I remember reading about Oliver's birth and wishing that I was in labor! How fast a year goes!! Happy Birthday!