I love Ohio - way more than I ever did when I lived here. I never appreciated this area and all of it's little quirks when I lived here, and literally counted the hours until I could pack up my bags and move to the big city (I wasn't really thinking "Peoria, IL" at this point). These days I love nothing more than coming home for extended visits. Whenever I come home there are always things that I know I can count on.
These things I know for sure....
- There will always be a pan of my dad's rice krispie treats waiting for me when I pull into the driveway.
- I will always sleep extremely well.
- There will always be coffee waiting for me when I wake up.
- I will always find hairs I need to pluck in the crazy magnifying mirror in the upstairs bathroom.
- Miles will always get to go on a bike ride.
- I will always be over-indulged
- My dad will always fall asleep sitting up in the wingback chair.
- I will always get to eat delicious food.
- I will always make at least one trip to Tiny's Dairy Barn.
- My parents will always take very good care of me.
- I will always be happy to arrive.
- I will always be sad to leave.
- There will always be tears shed on the drive back to Illinois.