Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy Chuseok Festival

A Day to Give Thanks...

We decided to share it with our Corrymeela family by making the tradition songpyeon (rice cakes) and delicious fruits that often accompany the family festivities.

I even tried my hand at making my own songpyeon.

You're totally impressed, aren't you?  Well don't be.  They were easier than I imagined once I got over my initial fear of steaming something on pine needles.  And they were tastier than I anticipated.

We took our festival foods down to the Main House to share at dinnertime with the volunteers who don't often get to see fruit that doesn't come in the shape of an apple, banana, or orange. 
The idea was to share, but I think Miles and Liam ate half of the fruit between the two of them.

Miles did the "Moment of Silence" and announced "Happy Chuseok" to everyone so we could explain what it means to our family.

즐거운 추석 보내세요.
Have a Happy Chuseok.
(Or, rather, we hope you had a Happy Chuseok.)

Love, Us.

0 comments: