Thursday, October 10, 2013

Good news.

I have been a terrible blogger.

But I have good news for all of you.

I have lots of good news.

First piece of good news: We are out of the one-bedroom apartment and into our new home!  (cheers and "hurrahs" fill the atmosphere)  I can't stop smiling.  I am loving our new apartment.  And our landlord.  And the fact that I get to paint over some fancy green ivy stenciling in our new dining room.  In fact, I am so pumped up on excitement adrenaline that I just ordered a bunch of lumber to be delivered to our humble abode TODAY so I can build some bunk beds.  (I'm either drunk on adrenaline, or silly stupid.)

You know what the funny thing is?  I actually had a teeny tiny tinge of sadness when we were packing up and moving from the upstairs one-bedroom one-child-will-sleep-in-a-closet apartment.  We were only there two months (ONLY?!?!), and I hated it at least 2.5 times a day, but I'm weird, and get sappy about everything that comes into my life, and leaves my life.  Something about measuring the passage of time....blah blah blah.

So for purely for your entertainment, and to show off our amazing ability to live in utter chaos, I had the fore-sight to snap some pictures of the space.
Warning: Spaces appear larger than they actually are....(mostly because I used a wide-angle lens, but I don't want to bore you with the silly photo details).
Our bathroom.  The largest room in the apartment.  Okay, I'm kidding.  But it was the most normal-sized room if you know what I mean.
Our living room/dining room/master bedroom/toy room.

The bedroom we so graciously gave to our oldest and youngest children.  I wasn't kidding when I said one of them slept in a closet. Liam was the special child that chose to sleep in the "magical cave".

In case any of you are taking notes, the cupboards can be replicated simply by going to your nearest Sherwin Williams and purchasing "midnight oasis" and "oxblood crimson" in eggshell. (Totally made the names up, but the cupboards are awesome, right?)

 The "yard" - also known as the "hallway" and "entrance".  

There.  You've seen what I've been looking at for the past two months. (TWO MONTHS?!)  It wasn't bad, but I can't stop smiling because I appreciate our new place so so much now.  I love it.  

I said I had "lots of good news" so here's the second part...everything is easier when you don't have to climb an entire flight of stairs with three kids that don't want to come inside.  Okay, okay, so those two things are directly related.

How about a third piece of great news?  I now have a WASHER AND DRYER for doing laundry.

Alright, so all good news pretty much goes back to us moving.  I bet you get it though.


1 comments:

Julie L. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congratulations to the Wyse-Fisher family on a larger abode! Miles did mention something to me on Sunday that he had moved downstairs. ENJOY!!

Love,

Julie